“Branded” or “Non-branded”, it crosses our minds when we are buying almost anything. We have the same dilemma when buying a property, it just changes to 2 BHK vs 3 BHK. Most of us will spend our life savings when buying a home and will have a few choices, one of which could be:
“2 BHK vs 3 BHK – both at same price: Which one to buy?” Can land into this situation easily while comparing real estate projects of Tier 1 builders with Tier 2 builders.
Same cost but a choice to make….
Smaller Home or bigger Home ….
Brand name or not….
Amenities or not….
It is natural to want more space, especially because it’s luxury in big cities but are we looking for space or do we get more with the home? Some of the things to consider when buying a home are:
- Is this the place where you plan to stay for the rest of your life?
- Can you resell the place and upgrade to a bigger one in few years?
- Is the space outside the walls important to you? If so, how good are the amenities?
- Is the project you are considering the builder’s first? How many projects does the builder have under his name?
It can sometimes help to actually write down what you are thinking. At the very least try to make a list of what Tier 1 and Tier 2 builder is offering you other than the size and price of the apartment, and how you plan to fund it.
Get personalized property recommendations on India’s First Property Recommendation Platform. Search for Ongoing Projects, Compare Property Scores and Make Your Best Investment. Stay tuned for more updates.
Criteria for comparing projects
Some of the important parameters on the basis of which you should compare projects are:
- Clear land parcel
- Amenities for SELF and kids
- Green surroundings
- STP and Rain water harvesting
- Garbage disposal
- 100% power back up
- Source of Water
- Maintenance of the society
- Quality of construction
- Design and features
- Floor plan to suit your needs
- Builder reputation and clarity if a builder is not involved in any kind of litigation
Few other things that can be quite important are:
- Proximity to work
- Schools and hospitals
- Banks and petrol pumps
- Restaurants, malls and grocery stores
Weigh these aspects, discuss with your family and friends and you would have an answer. If you don’t, don’t despair, it is totally okay to be confused. Never take this decision in a haste. You can also check list of approved RERA projects in Bangalore.
You should have a certain level of comfort with the place you pick. Your home will be your biggest investment and you need to be able to live with it, at least for a few years.
In my opinion, you should select a 2 BHK with Tier 1 builder when:
- Budget is not a major concern,
- You have a small family, and
- Amenities are a priority
On the other hand, you should select a 3BHK with Tier 2 builder when:
- You have a big family
- You are trying to stay within a strict budget with other commitments
- The property is in a desirable neighbourhood
We would like to hear from you on 2 BHK vs 3 BHK dilemma, please share your comments and feedback below.
Read more about steps involved in property purchase process.
Try Get Me Roofcompare properties on the basis of Property Score
Like what you’re reading?